War Zone Initiative – SI Bratislava (Slovakia) / Phase 2
- Focus: Violence Against Women, Health & Food Security
- Location: Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Start date: Immediately
- Club / Union : Soroptimist Club of Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Number of women/girls this project reached/will reach: As many as possible
The requested funds have been reached!
This project is the continuation of the “War Zone Initiative – SI Bratislava (Slovakia)” project which has now entered phase 2.
Indeed, at the end of phase 1, SI Bratislava managed to collect the requested funds and obtained the first results thanks to donations made through Project Matching.
Here are some of the accomplishments:
- Donation to non-profit fund that helps Ukrainian refugees
- Donation on medical needs,
- Printing information material for refugees – prepared by club members,
- Flight tickets for 2 refugees to get to Italy,
- Refugees transportation of family with handicapped daughter,
- Continuous help with food, hygiene, toys, clothes, household articles,
- Shelters (Vrakuna, IVES, Cultus) for Ukraine refugees. Donation of 2 washing, machines, 1 dishwasher, medicine
- Help in private shelters: home hospitality
- Continuous help with food, hygiene, clothes, toys in more private shelters,
- Help to fill in the car with hygiene, clothes, medical material sent to Ukraine border,
- Help to fill in the ambulance with medical material, ambulance was sent by AZZS to hospital in Kyiv,
- Donation of 2 washing machines, 1 dishwasher, 1 sewing machine, 2 CD players, various household needs for shelters (needs for kitchen, pillows, covers, bedclothes, housekeeping),
- Medical equipment for shelter in Pruske,
- Donation and help in 2 refugee centers that work as shops of food, clothes. These shops are free of charge.
- Easter packages for children in shelters,
- Help to refugees in finding the work.
The Soroptimists have expressed the wish to reopen the project to continue to support refugees (especially women and children) coming in Moldova.
For more details on the initial project: https://soroptimist-projects.org/avada_portfolio/war-zone-initiative-si-bratislava-slovakia/
Person of contact: Helena Lénártová, Secretary of SI Bratislava, email@example.com
Thank you to all the contributors!
The requested funds have been reached.
The Club has received donations amounting to € 15,000!