War Zone Initiative – SI Szombathely (Hungary) / Phase 3
- Focus: Violence Against Women, Health & food security
- Location: Szombathely (Hungary) & Ukraine
- Start date: As soon as possible until 31 December 2022
- Club / Union : Soroptimist Club of Szombathely (Hungary)
- Number of women/girls this project reached/will reach: As much as possible
Thanks to the massive donations received by many Soroptimist Unions and Clubs from several Federations during phase 1 and 2 of the project, the Soroptimists of Szombathely were able to carry out great actions in favor of Ukrainian refugees.
- Deliveries of baby food, women’s hygiene products as well as her answer was school bags and school equipment for students coming from war.
- Together with the New Life-New Aim Foundation Hungary (https://korhaziagy-toloszek.hu/) an organisation delivering second hand health equipment from the EU countries, the Soroptimists have managed to obtain seven medical beds with two special mattresses, an electric wheelchair, a bathing bed and a bathing chair and other medical equipment (19 bathing chairs free of charge as present by the Foundation). The Soroptimists also took care of transporting all these items to the hospital in Uzghorod in Ukraine.
Therefore, the Soroptimists wish to continue this project to help both people in Ukraine and those fled as refugees to Hungary. They all need medical help, especially treatment of injuries and those of special consequences of extreme weather and environment conditions. In cooperation with Soroptimist Club Uzhgorod and NGO Nehemiah Ukraine, the members of SI Szombathely would like to continue their humanitarian support.
For more details on the initial projects:
Person of contact: Anikó Wagner, SI Club Szombathely Programme Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all the contributors!
So far, the Club has received donations amounting to € 3335.51.