War zone initiative – SI Poland
- Focus: Violence against women
- Location: Poland
- Start date: Immediately
- Club / Union : Soroptimist Union of Poland
- Number of women/girls this project reached/will reach: As much as possible
Owing to the current situation in Ukraine and the large numbers of refugees entering Poland, The Soroptimist Union of Poland is taking action to support the refugees, mainly women and children.
Our actions will include:
- the purchase of food and other essential items such as hygiene products,
- help in finding accommodation,
- help with access to psychological assistance,
- help with access to legal assistance,
- help with access to interpreters and translators.
As of 28th March 2022, more than 2,300,000 have entered Poland, and every day more and more women and children in need of help are arriving.
Every Soroptimist Club in Poland has already put in place plans for assistance.
We are certain that our actions will have a definite impact and help many people in need.
Person of contact :
Vice President of SI Poland, Katarzyna Piszczako-Pałasz
Union of Poland Facebook page
Below are video links of an action carried out by SI Poland during Easter 2022 for women and children in Ukraine.
Thank you to all the contributors!
So far, the Union of Poland has received donations amounting to € 145603.88