War Zone Initiative – SI Nisporeni (Moldova) / Phase 2
- Focus: Violence against Women & Health and Food Security
- Location: Moldova
- Start date: As soon as possible (until 31st August 2022)
- Club / Union : Soroptimist Club of Nisporeni
- Number of women/girls this project reached/will reach: as much as possible
The requested funds have been reached!
This project is the continuation of the “War Zone Initiative – SI Nisporeni (Moldova)” project which has now entered phase 2.
Indeed, at the end of phase 1, SI Nisporeni managed to collect the requested funds and obtained the first results thanks to donations made through Project Matching.
Here are some of the accomplishments:
- Educational and entertaining activities for children
- Easter baskets – 55
- Trip to the Zoo for 56 refugees
- Refugees transported to a safe lodging – 4
- Food supplies for 52 refugees
- Hygiene supplies for 45 refugees
- Medicines for 11 refugees
- Assistance with finding the job – 5 women
- Assistance with finding the school/kindergarten for children – 30 children placed
- Lodging for 2 persons for 10 days
- 3 emergency packs (underwear, hygiene supplies, medicines) handed out
The Soroptimists have expressed the wish to reopen the project to continue to support refugees (especially women and children) coming in Moldova.
For more details on the initial project: https://soroptimist-projects.org/avada_portfolio/war-zone-initiative-si-nisporeni-moldova/
Person of contact: Marian Rodica, SI Nisporeni member, email@example.com
Thank you to all the contributors!
The requested funds have been reached.
The Club has received donations amounting to € 6887.29!